We are seeking a reliable and dedicated Full Time Senior Software Engineer. To be successful in the role we require a great attitude and technical skills, with at least 8 years of relevant experience. Salary of $86,000 + super for this full-time position, working from our office located in Byron Bay, NSW.
Reporting to the Systems Manager, you will undertake the following responsibilities and tasks, which include, but is not limited to:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Writing back-end code (PHP/Laravel, Node.js/TypeScript) to specifications
- Modelling database and creating objects, eg; procedures and triggers (MySQL)
- Analyse, fix, improve and optimize PHP code.
- Participating in scoping and design sessions, providing feedback and input into future development
- Maintaining AWS services, eg EC2, RDS, S3
- Work with Serverless PHP infrastructure on AWS
- Identify issues, improve the product, and fix bugs
- Provide Support level 3 to existing applications (PHP Laravel, MySQL, HubSpot and Stripe)
- Produce Systems documentation and manuals.
- Maintaining and improving our core billing and CRM systems, domain registrar platforms and our new projects in the pipeline, with opportunities to work across projects and teams
- Solve complex integration scenarios with external providers and suppliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of experience in backend systems and API development
- Advanced knowledge of PHP (minimum of 8 years)
- Advanced knowledge of Laravel (minimum of 8 years)
- Ability to undergo the above tasks competently
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of database SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc)
- Experience with containerisation, eg Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, eg Fargate, ECS, EC2
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Experience in Agile development processes, with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge of Git for project version control.
- Previous Experience with HubSpot CRM integration
- Previous Experience with Stripe API/Webhooks Integration
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
If you satisfy the above, please email our CEO, Kraig Lenehan, firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Software Engineer Opportunity” as the subject heading and include the below documents and required information in either PDF or Word format.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Candidates will be considered for 4 weeks from the date of listing.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Part 1: Cover letter & CV
- Up-to-date CV with your best contact number, email address and 3 professional references that can be verified.
- A cover letter with a short description of yourself and why are you are the right fit for this position, and how our company values align with yours.
Part 2: Profile Questionnaire (required)
We use NLP profiling techniques to select suitable applicants. When answering these questions, just go with the first answer that comes to mind, it is usually the best one. Please submit these as part of your application, view the questionnaire here.